HEAVY METAL PANEL
This panel includes the following tests:
Metals are natural elements from our Earth but are extremely toxic (even in low concentrations) and can have damaging effects on your body (especially your lungs and kidneys.) You can be exposed to certain types of metals from the air, household products, contaminated foods and drinks, and possibly at your place of employment (manufacturing facilities) or at home.
Lead is dangerous and can be found in batteries, old houses (paint), cigarettes (and second hand smoke), and other places. Chronic exposure can cause cerebral edema, coma and convulsions.
Mercury is a shiny, silver‐gray metal that is a liquid at room temperature. It can be found in thermometers, barometers, batteries, fluorescent lights and electrical switches. It may be in household paints in older houses. If inhaled, it can lead to severe nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, fever and several other symptoms.
Although found in your body at small levels, high doses of zinc and copper can also be damaging. Copper can damage your liver and kidneys, and can even cause death. Exposure to large amounts of zinc can cause stomach cramps, anemia, and changes in cholesterol levels.
Why Do I Need It?:
Exposure to metals can have very serious consequences to your body, especially children. The problem is you may not even know you’ve been exposed. If you and you’re family live in an old home (with old paint) or in a location with a lot of industry and manufacturing, you should strongly consider this panel. Find out now if you’ve been exposed to heavy metals.
Lead 40 μg/dL or less
Mercury ≤20 μg/L
Copper 70 ‐ 150 μg/dL
Zinc 70 ‐ 102 μmol/L
High Results Indicate:
LEAD: High levels could indicate lead poisoning.
MERCURY: High results could mean that you have been exposed to mercury, but it does not indicate which form of mercury you were exposed to.
COPPER: High levels could indicate exposure and indicates the need for further testing.
ZINC: Increased levels could indicate iron deficiency or lead poisoning.
Low Results Indicate:
LEAD: There are no low levels for this test
MERCURY: Low levels are not a concern because it is considered to be a non‐essential trace element in humans.
COPPER: Low levels can indicate a copper deficiency.
ZINC: There are no low levels for this test.
What Type of Physician Should You See?
You should see your primary care physician.
1. Buy test at the store.
2. Fill out necessary paperwork and how you want to receive the test results.
3. Get results.
4. Review results.
5. If your results are ‘abnormal’ or ‘out‐of‐range’ from the normal, please contact your physician. (*The interpretation of any laboratory test should be made only by a licensed physician.)
Price : $499.00