Why is Employee Drug Testing So Important?
Studies show that 74% of all drug abusers are employed !!!
Government studies reveal that 1 out of 6 workers has a drug problem and show that drug abusers on average:
- cost an employer $7,000 - $10,000 per employee annually
- cost companies 300% more in medical costs and benefits
- are absent up to 16 times more often
- are 1/3 less productive
In surveys of drug abusers themselves
- 44% admitted selling drugs to co-workers
- 18% admitted stealing from employers
The financial impact of employee drug abuse is staggering. The human costs are tragic. Contact us for all your corporate drug testing needs.
Drug awareness works to:
- Prevent accidents and make workplaces safer.
- Improve productivity and reduce costs.
- Encourage people with alcohol and drug problems to seek help.
According to recent research, it’s a message that many workers need to hear.
- 75 percent of the nation’s current illegal drug users are employed—and 3.1 percent say they have actually used illegal drugs before or during work hours.
- 79 percent of the nation’s heavy alcohol users are employed—and 7.1 percent say they have actually consumed alcohol during the workday.
Drug-free workplace programs help protect employers and employees alike from the potentially devastating consequences of worker alcohol or drug abuse. Establishing policies, educating about the dangers of alcohol and drug use, deterring and detecting use, and urging people to seek help for alcohol and drug issues.